Sunday, June 8, 2008

Starlight Parade

Last Saturday evening I went with Becky, Kyle and the kids to the Starlight Parade in downtown Portland. I hadn't been to that in about 10 years and we had so much fun. Dad was in Spokane for the long weekend at the WA State Republican Convention. I drove to Beaverton and met them at their house where we all went in their van to the MAX train and came into town. The kids thought it was super to ride on the MAX and go under the tunnel by the zoo.
Once in town, there was a light sprinkle and we quickly found a nice space on the street. Shortly after, they closed the street and the kids were able to draw chalk figures, dance, play ball and just have a dancing blast in the street!
To start it off was the Starlight Run and the kids all lined up in the middle to have the runners slap their hands. Such memories.
Tyler and I played fun little games and I got this great shot of him mimicing me. Silly boy.

2 comments:

kevandcan said...

How fun -- we do the Tomball parade here most every year and the kids just love it.

Jenn said...

I totally remember going to the parade, and falling asleep on dad's shoulders on the way back to the car. GREAT memories.