Sunday, October 19, 2008

Moving Right Along....

Seems like all we do is move and sort and lug and heft. This weekend, we moved Dad's heavy tool chests and drill press over to his garage. And he put in new shelving to hold some of the less used things like the kitty vet cage and things that can go up high. He has all his tool chests lined up now so I told him I expect great things made! With the paint job and all the neatness, the garage really looks good. Then I turned my efforts inside while Dad sorted and put away in the garage. I got the boxes in the bedroom unpacked and my pewter collection back up, at least part of it, the other holder is in the hall bathroom and looks nice in there too. We love our bedroom now!
Here is the look to the other side. I have the picture of my sister and I up on the wall that was taken when I was 7 and it matches perfectly! I always ADORED the material in the dress my mom made for that picture so it makes me very happy to see Odie and I together in it.
Next weekend, we will work on bringing over the remainder of the garage items and then for the most part will be done with the moving. Then comes the unboxing and sorting downstairs. oh fun.... Did I mention I am never moving again??

5 comments:

Chris Kline said...

That garage looks great. Best I can remember. Question is whether you'll actually park vehicles in it... :-)

Lori said...

looks like you're getting some good work done.

Jolayne said...

One of the benefits of moving twice--you've been able to downsize and dejunk. Looks great!

kevandcan said...

Just think of how good you are at moving things around in that house how! Love ya, Kev

Jenn said...

Is that OUR garage? I don't believe it! BTW, I love your bed set. Great color combo.
K, your blog makes me homesick. No more of that.