Saturday, April 5, 2008

Boots are made for walkin'



Off we went to cold Canada to see my sister. My kind hubby bought me these wonderful new NIKE boots last Saturday! We stopped in Chehallis for a stretch on the way up to Canada at the factory stores and Larry found them and required that I buy them! They are soft sided, well padded and warm. And so fashionable am I! Now, you say... these are not just Nike boots. Yes.. my sis is responsible for the others ! She drove into town on Friday for her Canadian citizenship test and I tagged along. She told me to go for stroll for about an hour down Main St and to meet her at Cowboy Coffee. Being a good older sister, I did just that and...right next to the coffee house was ... the Boot Barn.
Now if you know me you know I like shoes especially fine made ones, which I can rarely afford. I am usually a Payless shopper by requirement. But I love to see, feel and drool over nice, real leather shoes. A nice old-world Italian family has run this business for 75 years and have a full service leather shop in half the store. I looked at the shoes but with tags of $100, $200, and then up for boots, I just looked, until... I saw the Clearance table. It called to me and I succumbed. Bad Linda.

Each year when I come to Canada, I need boots. I had bought some pretend boots at my Walmart last year, very functional and... in my budget! But here were real leather used Tony Lama boots from Ft Worth TX! and they fit! and they were already broken in! and they were sooooo comfortable....and they were only $75! and Larry and I each had $100 to spend on fun on vacation. You can imagine my joy!, well, perhaps not, but joy it was.

So now I have lots of boots to do my walking up here. Some nice, real cowboy boots for riding horses and such, warm Nike boots for walking the still snow laden streets of Sun Peaks Resort right up the hill, and mucking boots for mucking through the cow field to throw hay, check on cows, pet calves, feed donkeys, check on chickens and such. I am in walking heaven!

3 comments:

kevandcan said...

Quite lovely shoes, Mom. I bet you can't wait to get cow muck on those fine leather shoes now. :-)

Lori said...

Nothing like some fancy shoes to make a vacation more fun.

Jenn said...

Those Nike boots are so YOU, in a good way. Very cute. Silly mom and her shoe obesesssion:)