Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend Fun

We had a varied weekend of fun. Last week Dad and my cars' headlights both had problems, both on the L side. The cool thing is... my headlight costs $12 and I repaired it myself using the Miata picture repair manual. Dad's costs $700 for the whole thing, so he took it all apart and isolated the problem to a high energy light filament and it ONLY costs $130. We found one online for just under $100. So, soon we will be all repaired!
Next fun thing we did was to get the new (inexpensive) IKEA drapes up so I can pull them closed at night over the windows, do my Wii exercises, and keep some cold out.
Then, I altered another pair and found this very nice and sturdy shower curtain expandable rod at IKEA and was able to extend it to 83" and put them up without any nasty drilling and hanging off a ladder. Now when I sleep in the bedroom, that wicked street light that shines in my eyes every night for 30 years will be blocked and I won't have to close the door. Arnold LOVES to open the door up every night.
Elders came over on TH night and we had a fun Valentine's color dinner. 
And we found a little time to SKI down the slopes.

 

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Love the curtains! Man, that would have been nice. Why do you o all these things so long AFTER I left?

Chris Kline said...

Play more wii. Then you won't be cold. :-)