Sunday, February 10, 2008

I so love coming home to our house!







The view is so incredible, and it always changes, making things interesting. I feel like I just checked into a Trendwest resort when I look out the window and heaven knows my brain needs the de-stressor and relief!

Let's see. this week, what happened? Well, probably the most notable is that Larry and I attended the Republican caucuses to vote for Presidential delegates. In WA state, 1/2 the delegates for any candidate come from the percentages voted for in the caucus, and the other half come from the percentages voted in the Feb 19th election for Republicans. So, Dad and I drove on over to the local middle school and are now delegates to the Clark County Republican Convention on April 19! Oooooh, such power... hee hee... Amazingly in the paper this AM, they show Ron Paul (13%) as winning Clark County followed by Huckabee (12.3%) and Romney (10.7%) and McCain at 8.8 %. It was a very interesting process to say the least.

I had a lot of bargaining time at work this week as our school's 3 year labor management contract is expiring in the summer and I am on the bargaining team watching out diligently for the needs of Special Education staff. They say I am the "nicest little bulldog" they have met cause I sure don't let go easily. But how else are you to convince them that your "needs" are important. Here puppy... Here's to another week, we will meet about every other week now through July and hopefully NOT into August. Have a great week!

3 comments:

kevandcan said...

Wow, beautiful pictures!

Jolayne said...

Sadly you still have to do all the cleaning--no Trendwest housekeeping available. The view is incredible though.

Lori said...

I'm glad you and dad are so happy in your house there. It's weird coming to visit you in anywhere but the house I grew up in, but I'm for sure glad that you guys are happy with the change.